Skincare Routines that Will Give You a Cold Weather Glow
One thing is certain: winter can be hard on your skin. Cold air and harsh winter wind join forces with low humidity levels and dry indoor heat to rob your skin of moisture and make it dry, flakey, red, and rough. Fortunately, you can fight back, being proactive about providing your skin with the hydration it craves.
• Start by moisturizing immediately after you wash. Washing your skin strips it of moisture, so use moisturizer every time you wash your face, and lotion after washing your hands.
• Sleep in moisturizer, too. Applying emollients to your skin overnight gives it time to absorb this heavier kind of moisturizer and retain the moisture and oils it needs. If you’re applying an emollient to your hands or feet, consider wearing gloves to protect your bed linens.
• Always apply sunscreen. You might not realize it, but sunscreen is just as important in winter as it is in summer, especially because UV exposure can stress your skin’s moisture barrier. Apply a thin layer of sunscreen after applying your moisturizer in the morning.
• Control your indoor atmosphere. Use a humidifier to add moisture to your air, and don’t turn your heat up too high. While you’re at it, skip the hot baths and showers, too, sticking to a temperature that’s closer to lukewarm.
• Ease up on exfoliation. If your skin is cracked or irritated, skip the exfoliator. If it’s dry and flaky, use a gentle chemical exfoliant instead of a physical scrub.
• Add in some occlusives. Occlusive ingredients like shea butter, cocoa butter, jojoba oil or rosehip oil provide a physical barrier to keep moisture in your skin. Use them once or twice a week after moisturizing.
• Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! One of the best ways to protect your skin’s moisture levels is to moisturize from the inside by drinking plenty of water.
• Consider a HydraFacial. A patented skin treatment that combines hydrating serums with exfoliation that’s similar to microdermabrasion, a HydraFacial can provide dramatic results. HydraFacials are safe and effective for all skin types, tones, and ages, and address a wide range of skin concerns. The improvement is immediate, with even more noticeable results appearing over several days. Read more about them or contact us to book a HydraFacial for yourself.
Titan Medical Aesthetics carries skincare products that are dermatologist endorsed and extremely effective. To protect and treat skin in winter we recommend:
• Alastin Ultra-Sheer Moisturizer with TriHex Technology™: Hydrating moisturizer that nourishes and hydrates the skin with powerful antioxidants and skin-soothing phyto-nutrients to promote and maintain the skin’s barrier function. Fragrance free and oil free.
• Alastin Restorative Skin Complex with TriHex Technology™: The flagship product of the Alastin Restore and Renew line, this product helps combat the signs of aging while maintaining skin health for a youthful, vibrant appearance.
• SkinCeuticals Daily Moisture: This face moisturizer is formulated with botanical extracts to provide normal to oily skin with lightweight, long-lasting hydration that reduces the appearance of pore size while restoring and maintaining moisture.
• SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel: This oil-free, hydrating serum replenishes moisture, restoring radiance and leaving the skin feeling supple and smooth. Enhances the effects of your daily moisturizer.
• SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic: A daytime vitamin C serum, this patented product provides advanced environmental protection, combatting free radicals to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, help restore firmness, and brighten the complexion.
• SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2: The first lipid correction cream with a 2:4:2 cholesterol-dominant ration, this product helps restore skin’s external barrier to promote natural self-repair. It also nourishes aging skin to improve the skin’s overall radiance while fighting the signs of aging.
• PCA SKIN Clearskin: A light, nourishing, quick-absorbing moisturizer with a non-oily feel, it helps balance moisture levels, reduce discoloration due to breakouts, and hydrate, calm, and sooth normal to oily, breakout-prone and sensitive skin.
At Titan Medical Aesthetics, we focus on providing customized care for each of our valued clients using treatments and offering products proven effective for the face, skin, and body. Led by double board-certified physician Dr. Guy Navarra, our team, consisting of highly trained medical professionals NPs and RNs, is committed to providing an attentive and personalized medical experience for each patient, regardless of their goals. We work hard to ensure each of our valued clients are heard and understood, and we help them meet a wide range of aesthetic goals, from anti-aging to figure-slimming. Call us at 978.636.6620 or contact us through our website to schedule a FREE consultation.